Trying to add a bit of colour to this considerably dark blog


 

If the penalty for a crime is fine, then that law only exists for the lower class"

Final Fantasy Tactics (1997) [ This is why I love video games]


Since the first couple of posts in this canvas, almost all people have told me "Your blog is quite dark, why not write about something colourful. With your powerful words bring some light into the hearts of your readers". I gave this a thought, for quite a while, went through some pieces and had quite a revelation. My canvas has turned DARK to a frightening extent, to the extent I am guessing a person who is in a neutral state of mind by the end of a piece will be put in a "negative
" mindset, completely counteracting the purpose of why I started this blog. 

So, the aim of this piece is to find that ray of hope in the tunnel of darkness I dwell in, meaning, trying to light your torch of life with all the great things life has to offer. Let me start off with some things that bring colour into my life.

There is no hierarchy with the following list, but, that statement would be quite contradictory, I'll tell you why. See, when you are listing out a list of things, the order in which the things that come into your mind shows its magnitude, that is what I feel. Coming to brass tacks, the first and most probably the most crucial thing in my life that has been bringing colour into it since day one is MUSIC.

From the time I can remember the kind of that was playing in my peer group wasn't tickling my bones, as a matter of fact, I loathed it religiously. There are several factors for this intense loathing, some of them are :


 Any and all form of mass communication has unprecedented and insane power and potential. Any and all forms of it directly or indirectly the message it is spreading and that undoubtedly has an impact on its audience. The artist or source definitely knows the power it has on its consumers and almost in all cases it is abused by them. What I have seen in the mainstream media is that it is obviously catering to its audience, of course it's basic economics there will only be supply if there is demand. When you tell the people what they wish to listen to, they will definitely come back to what you are offering.


Why I can't stand this is because the masses are offered what they want to hear and not what they need to hear and that has planetary consequences. 


















I could have done a mic drop here and ended the pieces there but I simply can't. Let me plant some seeds which you will have to grow and nourish to find the answers which will I believe change your outlook on life.


      1   )    Almost everyone walking the Earth [excluding very                        remote places where the tribes have protected themselves                   from the modern crusaders massive respect and love for                     them, I hope one day I will be fortunate enough to be                           accepted in their community despite being an outsider] have               heard of America. Where are their native tribes? What                         brought people over there? Who are the rightful people of                  America who are actually fit to be called Americans? From               where do American league sports clubs get their names from?             Why do the American stereotype sound so alien to the world?              How did they end up being a global Suprpower? Why are they           fighting wars in different countries like the middle East ?


     2  ) Euro or western-centric being globally accepted and                           indigenous cultures and traditions seen as mythology,                         irrationality, legend, myth.


     3  ) Why India since the beginning of time has been raped in all              fronts by foreigners?

        4  ) Why are more and more youth turning to drugs?

        5 )  Toxicity of Nuclear families.

        6 )  Why were drugs criminalized?


The truth is everyone is going to hurt you.

Just got to find the ones worth suffering for.

- Bob Marley

Comments

Post a Comment